What does Alchemy offer?
Alchemy artists can:
- Learn how to create, perform and record new music working professional artists
- Access professional studio and rehearsal space and equipment
- Take part in mixtape releases and radio broadcasts
- Performance opportunities at live venues
- Meet new friends and collaborators
- Weekly catch-ups and mentoring
- Support into the creative Industries
How to get involved?
Alchemy only accept referrals from Lewisham schools. We work with students from Addey and Stanhope, Deptford Green, Prendergast Vale, Forest Hill School and CTK College.
If you would like more information, please contact the project director Mikey Kirkpatrick directly via email .
The project is supported by Goldsmiths University and the Albany, with additional support from the CCA Gallery, Deptford Challenge Trust, Backstage Trust and the Black Annual Fund (Goldsmiths Anti-Racist Action).
Meet the Alchemy Team:
Mikey Kirkpatrick (Director of Alchemy)
Lara Pereira (Lead Mentor / Mentor Supervisor)
Y.A (International Spoken Word Artist) performance poet and Nuyorican NY awarded “International Slam Champion”. Y.A is also a writer, artist, playwright, singer, songwriter and entrepreneur.
Tomáš Kašpar (Musician, Producer, Engineer)
Faye Yasmin (Admin support through Widening Participation)
Current Student Ambassadors / Music Mentors / Placement Students:
Timothy Wairama (aka TBoy) – rapper, singer, producer
Kieron Morris (aka KamZz) – rapper, producer, sound engineer & director of youth label Rezon8
Kocoa Brown (aka KB) – singer, songwriter, performer, radio broadcaster
Luis Fernando Sabogal – DJ, Youth Worker, Fundraiser