Are you interested in the arts and creative writing? Do you want to find out more about what other young people are doing around the world to make change happen?
Shado Mag has created a FREE creative pack for 13 – 17 year olds, that will be delivered to your door during the May half-term. Get your hands on a zine workbook full of creative writing and arts opportunities, and become part of the Shado community from home!
Once you have signed up A FREE zine workbook full of creative writing and arts opportunities will be delivered to your door during the May half-term, Shado’s Youth zine workbook will include:
1. An introduction to Shado and our hopes for the zine.
2. Three articles on the themes:
- Activism on gaming spaces like Fortnite and Animal Crossing.
- How to speak out against dress coding in schools.
- How TikTok was used for political education during the US election.
3. Colourful artwork from the issue.
4. A ‘make your own zine’ guide, looking at the history of zine making as a form of activism.
5. Create your own Shado cover – with prompts written by Shado’s cover illustrator to help you have a go at designing your own cover artwork.
6. WRITE A LETTER TO YOUR YOUNGER SELF: A creative writing prompt written by Shado’s editors.
The pack will also contain all the materials necessary for young people to create their own zine, using all the skills developed via the workbook. We invite all participants to either send in their work to us using the postage and envelopes provided in the packs or share photos with us via Instagram.