Are you an emerging filmmaker aged between 16-30, based in South East London with an idea for a short film? Do you need financial support in bringing your passion project to life?
The SceneMakers Filmmakers Award may just be the initiative for you!
We are seeking emerging filmmakers who would benefit from mentoring and financial support of up to £2,000 to make their idea a reality.
If you have an idea for a project we want to hear from you – be it a short film, documentary, music video, an animated film, anything!
We are searching for innovative, bold and unique ideas and particularly welcome proposals on the following themes, which will be central to Lewisham’s Borough of Culture 2022 which the Albany is a lead partner on:
Our Rich Culture – how migration has shaped our borough / BLM and Equality
Celebrating Nature and Climate Justice
Activism, Social Change and Community Collaboration
Music and its Power (our history of activism and music)
We also particularly welcome fresh ideas that enable accessibility for those with sight and hearing impairment and disabilities.
- Filmmakers aged 16-30 from South East London
- Filmmakers with an original concept that compliment the ethos of the Albany with a fresh, innovative and digital take
- All concepts must be maximum 8 minutes in length
Selected filmmakers will in turn receive:
- Support in developing the film with up to £2000 as a financial grant
- Tailored training and support with mentors who are experienced in the industry
- Showcase their work on an online platform with exposure
- An opportunity to build their professional networks
How to apply
To find out more about SceneMakers or to enquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 12 March. Good luck!