Would you like to do something rewarding and exciting? Are you friendly, helpful and proactive? Would you like a chance to develop your own skills while helping other people?
The Albany and Entelechy Arts are looking for volunteers for Meet Me at the Albany. Our volunteers help vulnerable and isolated older people reconnect with their communities as they chat, have a meal, and engage in creative activities.
Meet Me at… is a pioneering concept to help reduce isolation and improve well-being through high-quality artist-led sessions. We offer a wide range of activities to participants, including sculpture, printing, spoken word, movement, singing, and much more. Find out more about it at this link.
Our team of volunteers get involved in all or some of the following activities, according to personal interest and skills:
- empowering participants to make choices regarding art and creative activities and listening to their feedback
- supporting participants as they engage in arts and creative activities which are run by professional artists
- engaging participants in additional activities, such as gardening
- meeting, greeting and welcoming people as they arrive
- helping participants socialise by befriending
- helping serve lunch and refreshments
- helping people to their transport.
Meet Me at the Albany happens every Tuesday from 10.30am to 2.30pm and other activity happens on a regular basis all over Lewisham and London. We are looking for people who are able to commit for a minimum of six months, although flexible arrangements are possible.