This event will take place online via Zoom
Launched in 2017, The Mayor of London’s Borough of Culture is a competition that invites London boroughs to submit bids to receive £1.35m funding to stage an ambitious programme of cultural activities. At its heart, it aims to celebrate the unique character of local people and places, and to make culture an integral part of the borough’s future. In 2022, Lewisham will be the next London Borough of Culture, following Brent (2020) and Waltham Forest (2019).
As Lewisham Prepares will look at Lewisham’s journey so far, explore the unique relationship of the council with its cultural community and the challenges being navigated along the way.
Join Liz Dart (Director of Culture, Learning and Libraries, Lewisham Council) and Gavin Barlow (Artistic Director, the Albany) in conversation with Stella Kanu (Executive Director, LIFT), with contributions from key local partners.They will share their perspectives with the sector on the following and more:
- How can councils and cultural organisations successfully collaborate on place-based programmes?
- What role do cultural organisations and local authorities have to play in shaping a borough’s creative identity?
- How do you structure the team and engage with residents and stakeholders?
- How have the team adapted to the realities of the pandemic?
- How can large- scale projects address geographical inequalities?
This event will be held on Zoom. It will be live captioned.
Should you have any access requirements (BSL interpreter, audio description needs, etc) please mention these when registering and we will endeavor to meet them.
The link to the zoom meeting will be sent to you a few days ahead of the event.
Presented by the Greater London Authority, London Borough of Lewisham and the Albany