The Albany is a creative space which is open to everyone. Whether you’re a theatre-maker who needs a space to move; a producer craving a return to in-person meetings; or from any other type of creative background – we’d like to help you foster connections, access opportunities and collaborate with our creative community.
Our Creative Communities Membership programme charges a small annual fee for the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost coworking space: You can book spaces by the hour or day including desk space, meeting space, movement space, and beyond! Bookable up to five days in advance, depending on the space, with rates starting from £5 per day.
- Be the first to know about new workspace opportunities, including when our Resident Offices become available: Looking for a different type of workspace? Creative Communities members will receive updates on new workspace offers as soon as they come available.
- Access to low-cost rehearsal & RnD offers & artist development opportunities
- Priority access to free and low-cost artist surgeries & consultation opportunities (coming soon)
- Access to the Albany’s online Creative Communities resource hub & peer-to-peer support network
- Regular updates & exclusive offers from the Albany’s programme of creative events and services
How much does it cost?
Annual Membership is £35 per year to access the above benefits.
Is that a bit steep for your budget? We’re pleased to also offer a ‘Pay-a-bit-less’ membership option for £20 per year for those who’d struggle to pay full price. This is available to anyone who needs it, just select the option at the check-out.
No budget, and no interest in coworking space or artist development opportunities? Sign up for our FREE Creative Communities Associate Membership to receive access to the online resource hub, limited artist surgeries & consultation opportunities, and to receive exclusive offers.
Am I 'creative' enough to join?
Yes! Creativity comes in a variety of forms, whether you’re interested in artist development opportunities, want to make connections across different creative disciplines, or just want to do some office work or studying in a less formal environment.
Want a flexible and judgement-free space to connect, work and explore? Then this membership is for you.
Have a question that's not answered above?
Send us a message using the form below and we’ll get back to you with more information.
This membership is a new programme for us, and we’re very open to thoughts, ideas, and suggestions. As Lewisham Council’s Arts & Culture Anchor Organisation, we’re committed to exploring new ways to support and amplify the creative communities within our borough.