The Albany provides:
- An artistic and community resource where diversity and creativity flourish
- A space where new talent is nurtured and exposed to ideas from across the world
- High quality creative experiences relating to the communities we serve
- A creative centre for learning within the community, contributing to the cultural, social and economic benefit of South East London
We do this by being:
- Open and welcoming
We foster an inclusive space, both physically and culturally, where anyone can feel welcome and heard.
- A home for ideas, creativity and action
Everyone has the potential to be creative. We believe that creativity can make real change for individuals and on urgent issues around social justice and the climate crisis.
- A connector of people
We put our communities at the heart of any process. We share our knowledge to shape change and create something better for everyone.
- Responsive and flexible
We’re co-operative, willing to listen and adjust our approach according to the task in hand. We love seeing amorphous ideas become reality.
- Committed to representing the extraordinary creativity and diversity of Deptford and Lewisham
We are deeply rooted in Lewisham and South East London. We advocate for its residents, representing the diversity of our borough and the voices of Black and Global Majority people
- Adventurous and ambitious
We believe that a sense of adventure is essential to achieving our vision. While we are rigorous in our approach and celebrate our successes we’re not afraid to try something new.
We’ve won numerous awards for our work and we’re a registered charity and social enterprise earning 60% of our own income which we reinvest in our programmes. We are thankful and proud to be core funded by Arts Council England and Lewisham Council.
Find out more about how you can support our work.
Top image from Soundslikechaos.