Cookies are small files sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc. They are used by most websites in various ways, including enabling you to login, shop online, and personalising your online experience. They also allow a website to function and provide website operators with information on how the site is being used.
During online booking and purchases
- To allow you to shop for tickets and merchandise via our ticketing system, Spektrix – for example to keep record of items in a customer basket.
- To personalise the experience for returning customers.
- To determine whether or not you are logged in.
- To link your online booking with your customer account on Spektrix so we know who has booked tickets.
- To identify what cookies can be set on the device you are using to book according to your privacy and security settings.
- To identify the last time you used our website to book tickets for our analysis.
- Counting visitors to our website who arrive via a link in an email we’ve sent
- Counting visitors to our social media pages who arrive via a link in an email we’ve sent
- Tracking what sort of device people receive and read our emails on.
- Assisting with security settings for users on shared IP addresses.
The data gathered is used to help us refine our email marketing and make it more effective.
On our website
- Helping us understand how people are using and navigating our website and identify any problems with the website. This includes storing of basket and purchase information.
- Recording activity during a visitor’s website session to know when someone clicks the cookies banner, and clicks any other interactive elements on the site.
- Managing a visitor’s experience on the website, including preferences around dismissing the cookie pop-up and any pop-up messages on the site.
- Improving the loading speed and security of the site.
- Enabling you to share links to pages on social networks like Twitter and Facebook
- Data stored by google analytics includes how many people have visit our website, what type of device (e.g phone / laptop / tablet) they are using, how long they stayed on the site and on which pages, how they found us (e.g. Facebook link or google search), and whether they are a new or repeat visitor.
- You can opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites at this link.
Our website was designed and built by Cog.
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pay sales commissions
Change your cookie settings in your web browser
- You may wish to amend your cookie settings on your device. You can do so in the settings, options or preferences sections of your chosen web browser.
- If you disable cookies on your device, some areas of our website may note work as they should and some content and features will be unavailable.
If you would like any further information, please use the contacts box at the top right of this page to get in touch.
Top image shows the Albany viewed from Douglas Way. Photo: David Grandorge.