(last updated 2 June 2021)
To ensure the health and wellbeing of the public and our staff we have introduced new safety measures for anyone visiting:
- Temperature checks: Temperature checks will be taken for everyone who has booked to attend an event in the building or the Albany Garden
- One way system: A clearly marked one way system will be in operation throughout the building
- Extra cleaning: We are facilitating extra safety measures including regular cleaning throughout the building
- Hand washing: We’re asking everyone to wash or sanitise their hands upon entering using the Foyer toilets or sanitiser stations available
- Social distancing: Please be mindful of distance and observe floor markings
- Reduced capacities: We will have reduced capacities in CaffA, the Albany Garden and the main auditorium
- Contactless-first: Visitors must bring tickets in either printed or electronic form. Tickets will no longer be held at the Box Office
- Mask wearing: Please wear a mask in the building and during indoor performances. We ask people to kindly remember that some people are unable to wear them for medical reasons
- Stay at home if you have symptoms: Should you have any COVID symptoms, we ask that you please stay at home
Over the past year we have safely and successfully held a number of socially distanced events in our garden and building including our regular Come ‘n’ Grow sessions, sessions from our youth programme and a performance of Teatro Vivo’s, The House That Slipped. We have also had a limited number of staff and office residents working in our building throughout the lockdown period. Our experiences during this time have helped us create the processes that will keep everyone who uses our spaces safe.
Of course, things will be different from before but from the whole team here at the Albany, we are so glad to be back!