FAC is led by the Albany and ARC Stockton, and is currently delivering strategic projects funded by Arts Council England and the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
Future Arts Centres exists to champion the unique importance of arts centres at a local, regional, national and international level. We believe that, through offering outstanding artistic experiences for all in our communities, and by operating as robust social enterprises, arts centres present a fantastic model for the cultural venues of tomorrow.
The objectives of Future Arts Centres are to:
- Create a unifying leadership voice for a national partnership of arts centres and their unique artistic and social contribution to the cultural and civic life of towns and cities in England
- Advocate for sustained and increased investment in arts centres
- Ensure arts centres are part of ‘conversations’ about art form development and funding priorities
- Develop new, artistically driven, collaborative partnerships models
- Explore business collaborations which innovate and support sustainability
Visit the Future Arts Centres website for more information or download the 2016/17 annual report via the box on the right.
Top image from tiata fahodzi’s good dog by Arinzé Kene. Photo Wasi Daniju.